WILDLIFE ADVOCATES FOUNDATION (W.A.F.)
KvK number: 75813475
RSIN number: 860405278
What are cookies?
If you would like to delete your cookies, you must do so yourself.
To delete your cookies, open your web browser (e.g. Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari). You can also change your settings to receive notifications when a cookie is being set or updated; you can then decide each time again whether to give your consent. Please use your browser’s ‘Help’ function for more information.
- Functional cookies: to make our website more user-friendly.
- Analytical cookies: to analyse the use of our websites.
- Social-media cookies: to share donor activities or web pages on social media.
- Advertising cookies: to place advertisements or donor announcements.
On this page, we explain what each of these types of cookies involves, as well as provide a list of companies which might store cookies on your PC, phone or tablet. We include this information because for some types of cookies used by WAF, we engage the services of other companies, including Google. In this case, we refer you to the website of the company in question, where you can read how they can use the information.
Please note: while we endeavour to update the list of these organisations as frequently as possible, cookies may be used by a company not included in the list. In this case, we request that you contact us, so we can update the list on this page.
Explanation different cookies
1. Functional cookies: cookies to ensure a user-friendly website
2. Analytical cookies for website
We use these cookies to store the following information (this list is not limiting):
- The amount of time you spend on our website.
- The type of device you are using, e.g. a PC, laptop, phone or tablet.
- The advertisement(s) which directed you to our website.
- The type of web browser you are using.
In addition, we may also test different designs of the website. If there is anything on our website we would like to change, we often conduct a test first to measure whether the change actually does constitute an improvement. Some of our visitors will then be shown a modified version of the website. Visual Website Optimizer’s cookies ensure that you view the same version of the website each time.
3. Recommendations: cookies to provide you with personalised recommendations.
We plan to use these cookies to track how you use our website. This enables us to give you personal advice, including on our website and by e-mail. When applied, we only set these cookies subject to your consent.
- Which pages you view on our website.
- The information you check on our website.
- Which projects/rescues/donor possibilities you are viewing.
- What device you are using to visit our website.
- The e-mails you read from us.
- The items you click on in our e-mails.
Please note: In the event we use these cookies, even if you don’t give us permission to set these cookies, you may still see offers from us, but in this case these offers will not be based on your behaviour.
4. Social-media cookies: to share donor activities or web pages on social media
You can share WAF donor activities on social media – for example, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn or Google+ – by clicking the social-media button on the web page or next to the donor activities. If you click the button, the various social networks will store cookies on your PC, laptop, phone or tablet. This is why we only use buttons if you give us permission to do so.
These cookies enable these social networks to see what you are doing on the internet. The types of cookies set by these social networks and how long cookies are stored depends on the social network you are using. This is a process which is beyond WAF’s control.
We recommend that you read the privacy statements of Facebook, Instagram, Google, LinkedIn and Twitter.
5. Advertising cookies: to place advertisements
We use these cookies to view what pages you visited on our website. We use this information to post WAF advertisements or activities relevant to your interests on other websites you visit. We work together with advertising partners such as Google and Facebook for this purpose. Through these partners, we can also search for other target demographics to whom our advertisements or activities might be of interest. The advertising partners can use advertising cookies to track what other websites you are visiting. We only set these cookies if you give us permission to do so.
If you use our app, we will collect your device’s unique identifier (Advertising identifier on iOS devices and the Google Ad ID on Android devices). We do so for marketing purposes and only with your permission. You can determine how identifiers are used via your device settings. You also have the option of reconfiguring them.
We measure how many people click on our advertisements or activities and how many of them decide to donate. This is how advertising cookies help us to improve our digital marketing.
Please note: Even if you don’t give us permission to set these cookies, you may still see offers from us, but in this case these offers will not be based on your behaviour.
On our social media.
To our Newsletter.